Why do professional athletes hire coaches even when the coach cannot perform?
An athlete needs a coach because the coach has a passion for the sport, has technical and skills knowledge, knows the dynamics of the sport and is constantly learning new ways to help his athlete improving.
When looking at professional sports heroes like Usain Bolt, Rodger Federer, Wayde van Niekerk, Chad le Clos, Michael Jordan etc., one takes for granted that they all had/have coaches.
Usain Bolt’s coach, Glen Mills, never won any sprinting races – not even in high school. Yet, he is the most sought after coach for male sprinters!
Why people need life coaches even though they are successful
Most successful people are hiring life coaches because they need someone who knows more about human behaviour, potential development, and success dynamics than what they personally know.
The life coach asks the questions they would never think of and dig deep into the client’s way of thinking, believing, values, mental skills and energy levels. The life coach takes the client on a journey that he or she can never do on their own – a journey that will lead to more success and a new level of living, doing and being.
What type of life coach do you want to be?
Personal Growth Coach
A Pro-Coach makes her primary living through coaching. The annual income of a Pro-coach compares to other professionals in private practice.
A Part-time Coach is professional in the sense that he charges a good fee for his work, but he has another primary vocation or source of income that sustains him, and therefore does not rely on coaching for his livelihood.
A Personal Growth Coach has received training in the profession and knows how to coach, but does not do so professionally. Their skills still remain valuable tools for whatever work they do, especially in leadership roles, because coaching always brings out the best in another person and can be applied almost everywhere people interact.
The Neuro-Coach Method
- The latest neuroscience
- Standardized assessment scales
- Coaching model & structure
As a Neuro-Coach you are able to facilitate changes in thinking (beliefs and attitudes), emotions (resilience and mindfulness), and behaviour (habits). To know how the brain works and have sufficient knowledge about the basic principles of neuro-physiology is an absolute must.
Here are a few points that form part of this training:
- Both genetics and the environment shape our brains and influence behaviour. The coaching environment is an important “tool” and may be an effective means of shaping new neural pathways,
- Experience transforms the brain – experiential learning form part of this workshop and thus you will have firsthand experience of what behavioural transformation entails during this workshop,
- Memories are imperfect. Memories can be reconstructed when we recall them depending on how we retrieve them – MLNP™ is used as the coaching tool to retrieve, revise and then reconstruct memories,
- Relationships are the foundation for change. The coaching relationship has the capacity to help clients modify neural systems and therefore modify their thinking and doing,
- Emotion underlies memory formation and we don’t always know what the brain is “thinking”. Unconscious processes exert great influences on our thoughts, feelings, and actions – our Impulse Diagram explains this in detail and through MLNP™ the unconscious becomes conscious.
2. Standardized assessment scales
Assessment scales help the MLNP Life Coach to be both effective in identifying underlying beliefs and blockages as well as saving time in the coaching process.
- Well-Being Indicator (WBI)
Any sports coach knows that injuries interferes with, or prolongs the coaching program as well as the end result. In a person’s daily work performance, high frustration and stress levels drain energy levels and inhibit creativity and effectiveness. The WBI helps the life coach to know the emotional state of his/her client, and can therefore make the necessary adjustments to the pace of the coaching program.
- Self-perception Scale (SPS)
The SPS measures 3 constructs. Underlying your self-perception are 4 false beliefs that remain your inevitable destiny and will continue to sabotage your endeavors to be successful until you become aware of this and do something about it.
- Value Systems Assessment Scale (VSAS)
95% of all behaviour is unconscious. Results are the product of behaviour, which is unconsciously influenced by memories, values, core-beliefs and needs. The VSAS helps you (and your client) understand the underlying values determining his or her unconscious behaviour. In order to produce different results, there needs to be an alignment between vision and values.
- Personal Driving Dynamics (PDD)
Underlying to your functioning at work are a set of driving forces – your work values. When these driving forces are inhibited, there will be a lack of energy, procrastination, and a form of listlessness/dullness. Knowing what these driving forces (work values) are, the coach can help the client to make significant changes in himself and/or his environment.
- Success Traits Inventory (STI)
According to Richard St. John, the author of 8 to be GREAT, there are 8-traits that lead to success. The STI will show your client which traits still need to be developed in order to maximize his efforts to succeed.
- The Dashboard
We have created a outcomes-based Dashboard in order for you and your client to track his/her progress in a very specific and solution-focused way.
3. Multi-Level Neuro-Processing™ (MLNP)
- The MLNP™ Method
MLNP™ is a behavioural change process which is a unique neuro-scientific method. Industrial psychologists, therapists, sport performance coaches and counselors use MLNP™ to bring about change in the deep unconscious and brain-body level. As a Neuro-Coach you will have one of the most powerful facilitation techniques, creating a capacity in your client to recover quickly from difficulties and being able to handle life’s challenges with more ease. (CLICK HERE to read more)
Functioning and coaching models:
- Functioning model
Using our unique functioning model, human behaviour then makes sense and is even predictable. This model shines a light on the clients current behaviour and shows the path towards growth and desired change.
- Coaching model
Every sports coach use both a universal as well as a tailor-made model for his or her athlete. Our coaching models help the life coach to work within general as well as specific parameters, enabling the client to set specific, measurable, and attainable goals.
A MLNP Neuro-Coach is actively helping his or her client to create a better future. In order to do that, the life coach must have a clear understanding of the creation process. The client has knowingly or unknowingly created his/her current world and lifestyle (with all its aspects) and do not know how to move to a better state-of-being. This is the work of a Neuro-Coach: helping clients change their state-of-being in order to create a better future for themselves.
This training is 80% about How to Coach and 20% about How to Build a Coaching Practice.
- 80% of the time will be spent on…
- knowing how to facilitate transformation in a client,
- discovering the client’s inner resistance to change,
- helping the client create a better/new future,
- discovering inner driving forces and knowing how to steer them,
- increasing the client’s capacity for responsibilities and life’s pressures,
- knowing how to work with a client’s worthy & deserving set point,
- helping the client to see his/her own creative powers,
- what to do in the first 10 sessions,
- how to increase the client’s inner resilience.
- 20% of the time will be spent on… (this forms part of a 4 month online process)
- creating your dream clients,
- knowing the cycle of creating clients,
- how to propose to new clients,
- Why receiving “no’s” will make you more successful,
- How to craft an opening sentence as a filter for your dream client.
Registration Form: CLICK HERE to download
For more info you can contact us at: infoatmultilevelprocessingdotcom
Dates, venues and costs for 2021*
- 20-26 June: Koster (game farm)
- 28 Jun3 Jul: Okahandja (Namibia)
- 5-10 Jul: Pretoria
- 12-17 Jul: Paarl
For banking details and registration form: CLICK HERE
The way forward
You have the following 3 choices:
- If all you want is a Life Coach certificate, then find the shortest and cheapest online course that will mail you a certificate in a matter of days.
- If you want to help people get some clarity on their goals, help them realize that they are the ones responsible for their results and that they need to (somehow) change on their own, then almost any Life Coach course will do.
- But, if you are interested in becoming an exceptional Life Coach, with great coaching and advanced MLNP™ skills and expertise. Someone who can actually affect the world around you, help people grow and heal, help them let go of the burdens of their pasts, help them change limiting beliefs, help them break their old habits and adopt new ones, help them change perceptions, increase their window of tolerance, and help them create their own future…then this MLNP™ Life Coaching course is for you!
For more info you can contact us at: infoatmultilevelprocessingdotcom
*There are no refunds. If you have paid and for some reason can’t make it, your fee can be used as full credit towards any Life Coach training within the next 12 months.